School Uniform for ALL year groups from September 2020
Please note SWI are no longer supplying the Cecil Jones Academy uniform. So from September 2020, Parents and Carers will need to purchase the new style uniform from School Uniform Direct. Students can still continue to wear the old black blazer etc. until they grow out of it.
We appreciate that students in years 9 to 11 will be in both styles of uniform.
The link to new school uniform provider can be found below:
We would be grateful if you would ensure that your son/daughter has the correct equipment in order for them to be ready to learn immediately. Please also ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform:
- Both girls and boys must wear the new academy blazer (Navy with aqua braiding and embroidered Cecil Jones Academy logo), available from School Uniform Direct or the School Office
- School tie, navy and aqua stripe with embroidered logo, which is available only through School Uniform Direct
- Skirts The school skirt must be grey, and full box pleat
- style (pleat must be from waistline to hemline) It must be no shorter than
- 3 cm above the knee with an embroidered Cecil Jones Academy logo
- (Girls only)
- Grey, classic style, full length (Boys & Girls)
- Plain white traditional school shirt
- Polished black, traditional style, black laces and stitching, black sole and heel
- Black or white
- Tights – Natural or black (Girls only)
- V-neck navy with embroidered Cecil Jones Academy logo
- Plain black, white, grey or navy – for religious reasons only, with no patterns
- No jewellery may be worn except for one wristwatch
- A plain, front opening coat should be worn to and from the academy. Jumpers, sweatshirts, hoodies or cardigans are not acceptable as outdoor clothing
Items NOT Permitted:
- Trainers/cross footwear, plimsolls, mules, Kicker hi-top shoes or boots (unless worn with trousers) or open toe shoes
- No facial or other piercings are allowed
- Extreme hairstyles (no bright unnatural colours, tram lines, no shaved shapes in the hair or ‘bar codes’ in eyebrows
- No visible makeup, lip gloss, mascara and eye shadow, false eye lashes, eye lash extensions, nail varnish, nail decorations or extensions
- Nose studs, other forms of body piercing or visible tattoos
- Tinted or cosmetic contact lenses and decorative dental wear
- No denim, hoodies, hats, caps or bandannas to be worn anywhere on the school site
- No accessories are to be worn around the neck, wrists, ankles or attached to clothing
- Mobile phones, personal stereos, e-readers, MP3 players, pagers, computer games etc. must not be seen or heard on the school site.
Energy drinks and fizzy drinks are not permitted on site and will be confiscated
Cecil Jones Academy will not accept liability for any claim arising from theft, accidental loss or damage to personal effects, money, belongings or clothing whilst on the premises.
Confiscated items must be collected by a parent/carer, or will be returned to the student at the end of the week.
**All items of uniform should be clearly marked with the student’s name**
School Uniform can be purchased at the following times:
A uniform shop will be open on the following dates and times during the school holidays:
|Monday||10-Aug||Cecil Jones||1||11am to 3pm|
|Tuesday||18-Aug||Cecil Jones||2||11am to 3pm|
|Wednesday||26-Aug||Cecil Jones||3||11am to 3pm|