Areas covered within the specification:
- Students should be introduced to a variety of experiences that explore a range of graphic
- communication media, processes and techniques. They should be made aware of both traditional and new media.
- Students should explore the use of drawing for different purposes, using a variety of methods and media on a variety of scales. Students may us sketchbooks/workbooks/journals to underpin their work where appropriate.
Skills and techniques
Students are required to work in one or more area(s) of graphic communication, such as those listed
below. They may explore overlapping areas and combinations of areas:
- interactive media (including web, app and game design)
- packaging design
- design for print
- communication graphics
- motion graphics
- design for film and television
Specification website link:
Methods of delivery:
In class with practical lessons, theoretical research and private study portfolio development.
Students will be expected to work continuously upon their work, home work will be set as per the expectation of the college.
Trips / Visits:
These can vary from photographic tours to visits to art galleries and museums.